Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful Tree


This week I created this "thankful tree" with my own 5 children. Try as I might, I was unable to convince certain little people that leaves are not blue and purple! Maybe they should be, this turned out beautiful. 


My daughter helped me paint the tree. All of the kids and grandma painted coffee filters with watercolors for the leaves. To do this, wet the filter by painting it with water first. Then crinkle it a little on the table and add your wet watercolors to the wet filter. After they are dry you can cut them into any shape you like for the leaves. And, of course, I saved all the scraps for that next collage project that might be coming up!

Tonight we will all write things we are thankful for on the leaves of our tree and hang it up to remind us of how blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment