For preschool today we read the story "Owl Moon"
We got to work making our own owls out of pine cones!
- cotton balls
- wiggle eyes
- orange felt triangles for beak
- finger painted papers for the wings
1. We had lots of fun finger painting a couple of pieces of card stock at the beginning of class so that it could start drying.
2. We took cotton balls and tore them into whispy featherlike pieces :0)
3. We filled all the nooks and crannies of our pinecone with our "feathers"
4. We added the eyes and the beak
5. At the beginning of the next class we cut a circle out of one of our painted papers and then cut the circle in half to make wings. We glued these in to complete our cute little owls!